Monday, October 19, 2009

Halloween Party #1

Me: Clark, do you want to be a pumpkin for Halloween? A big, orange, happy pumpkin? You want to be a pumpkin, right? (Can you tell I have a hand-me-down pumpkin costume in the basement, all ready to go?)

Clark (very insistent): I want to be a black bird.

I don't know where the idea came from, but he was very sure that this was what he wanted. He really liked flapping his wings.



I don't even bother planning an "official" costume for Theo, because he just pulls out whatever strikes him from his enormous costume collection. Fifteen minutes before we left for the party, he said "I want to be a pirate!" Found a pair of sweatpants to cut into ragged legs, black tshirt and accessories ... instant pirate. For a costume party the next day, he went as Batman. He wants to be Flash at school and a spy for real Halloween.



Dora is Heather the Violet Fairy from the Rainbow Magic series. I wasn't sure how we were going to do the dress, when my aunt came up with this old prom dress at her house. One of my cousins wore it and was a skinny thing, since the only alteration I had to make was to bring up the shoulders. Dora loves this dress ... I think it's because it looks exactly like the style of dress she always draws when she makes princesses, with the giant poufy sleeves. The wig was critical. If we could not find a wig, she was going to be the green fairy instead because the green fairy has brown hair.



No comments:

Post a Comment