Monday, March 1, 2010

Scenes from a Snow Day



In anticipation of last week's snow day, I went in with a plan. Which the kids were very excited about at the beginning of the day. Then not so excited when they realized the tv would not be going back on again. There was whining and complaining and two kids up in their rooms before 9 am. But once we got past that bump, the rest of the day went really well, and they checked the "schedule" often during the day.









We checked everything off the list by 5:00 and even finished work for the OOTM competition that weekend, which left just enough time for some snow time before dark.



All in all, a good day. I'm happy that we had a plan. We have our share of lazy days, but knew that I would do better with a schedule on that particular day. I also let go of the possibility of getting anything done for myself, which made the day that much easier.

And then ... we got to do it all again the next day.



Dora and Theo both asked if they could have another schedule. So I made up another one before breakfast. At the end of the day, Dora asked if we could always have a schedule on snow days. I originally made it up for me, so I was genuinely surprised at how much they enjoyed it. I will soon start working on "Spring Break Plan" and "Summer Vacation Plan!"

1 comment:

  1. That is a fantastic idea. Wonder if Annie will like it??

    ReplyDelete