Saturday, August 21, 2010

What We're Reading This Summer ...

We've always been a fan of the Elephant and Piggie books (There is a Bird on Your Head and I am Invited to a Party are my personal favorites), but this one has Clark particularly tickled this week:



I read it twice before bedtime last night, and when lights were out, he curled up in bed still giggling ("Robot dance! Hee hee hee ...") He climbed up in to my bed this morning with the book and read it to me, barely getting the words out because he was laughing so hard.

Dora's summer challenge was to read some new titles, something she resists like a plate of ketchup-covered tacos (No, she won't eat ketchup. Or tacos.) and she has really excelled, even picking out books all on her own without my suggestions or nagging.



She has fallen hard for the 39 Clues, zipping through books 1-6 in a week, and anxiously awaiting book #7. We put it on hold at the library and it's in today (OMG), so I know where we are headed after lunch. I don't know a whole lot about these books yet, there's probably some reason that they're evil, because there's a strong commercial and online tie-in. But she's loving the story.

Theo is coming off his Geronimo Stilton bender and picked up something much more entertaining for me:



Dora read the first two books to him, he and I read Fudge-a-Mania together, and he listened to Double Fudge on cd. When he's asking me to read to him during the day, I know the book is a big hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment