Monday, January 24, 2011

Baking Monday - Peanut Butter Cream-Filled Cookies

This is another recipe from the Mrs. Fields cookbook. I'm still trying to use a up a container of quick oats that I bought by accident, so, yay!



I rolled these to 1/4" thickness using my handy-dandy rolling pin guides. (What? You don't have any? Get them - today!) Actually, I wish I could buy a rolling pin with 1/4" guides built right in, since I use them ALL the time. (Hmm, maybe like this one? Oh, these look interesting, too!)

The cookies took about 12-15 minutes to firm up and are super crunchy, and pretty good all on their own. I used a generous tablespoon of filling with each one (mini scoop to the rescue, AGAIN.) These taste very similar to Girl Scout peanut butter sandwich cookies, and I love the little bit of cinnamon flavor. Two thumbs up from me!