Monday, March 21, 2011

Baking Monday - Chocolate Brownie Cookies

I cannot believe that I have not yet made this for Baking Monday, as these are my go-to favorite cookie. This recipe came from Martha Stewart Living years and years ago, and was originally a cutout cookie, but is sooo much better as a slice & bake. My sister nicknamed these "Intensies" because they are so chocolatey, and that's what we still call them. But Chocolate Brownie Cookies is also a good description, because they are dense, chewy and chocolatey like a brownie, but in cookie form.



Lenten update: I had one bite of a mint chocolate brownie at a party on Saturday at Jeff's insistence. My sis and BIL brought us a giant bag of kettle corn this weekend, so I had a bowl of that over the weekend and treated myself to a chocolate cookie today. Sticking one arm out of the wagon, but still doing pretty well overall.

(And I hope to post more kid stuff in the next week or two. We've been busy with the routine of daily life around here, and are due for a fun project soon.)

Chocolate Brownie Cookies
(Makes about 24)

2/3 c brown sugar
1/3 c sugar
4 tbsp butter, cut up
1 tsp vanilla
2 egg whites
3/4 c cocoa powder
3/4 c flour
pinch salt
sugar for dipping

• Mix sugar, butter and vanilla until smooth.
• Add egg whites and mix well.
• Combine flour, cocoa and salt in a separate bowl, add to mixture and mix until combined.
• Dump dough onto wax paper and form a tube about 2" diameter.
• Wrap in wax paper and freeze for three hours or overnight.
• Slice cookies 1/4" thick, dip tops in white sugar.
• Bake 12 minutes, or until cookies are just firm enough to remove from the tray to a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment