Monday, April 25, 2011

Baking Monday - Chocolate Surprise Cookies

AKA: What to do with leftover candy, recipe #2!

This recipe is excellent. I omitted the pecans (because, nuts in cookies, ugh) and cut the butter to 1.5 sticks instead of two. I unwrapped all our goodies and had enough mini Reese cups, Hershey Kisses, and Trader Joe's Mini PB Cups (3/cookie) to fill a recipe. I used the mini scoop to portion out cookie dough (which, BTW, is even more delicious than the cookies), flattened them out with my palms, put the candy in the middle, and wrapped the dough around them. These took 10 minutes on the nose for baking.



You can kind of tell what candy is in each cookie by the shape. I showed Jeff the different shapes so he could zero in on the all-chocolate ones and avoid the pb.



The insides look so cool. The TJ PB got all melty and smooth, those were my favorite.

Now, happily, there are no more Easter chocolates around the house, except for a bag of mini KitKats, which I hate but the kids love. I'll be throwing them in lunches randomly for the next month and they will think I'm a rock star.

No comments:

Post a Comment