Monday, December 26, 2011

Baking Monday - Christmas Cookies

I spent last week baking for our family cookie exchange.



First up: Peppermint "Pinwheels", in quotes because this was a bit of a baking fail. I was rushing and mixing at the same time - a bad combination for me - and while the pink dough turned out well, the white dough was all crumbly. So, instead of making a perfect cookie swirl, the white cracked and crumbled, and ended up looking quite sausage-like. I tried to cover it up the best I could with icing, but they're still not terrific looking. Good news is, they still taste great!



These are one of my favorites - Candy Corn Shortbread. Just flour, sugar, and butter - SO yummy.



Chocolate Cutouts - I think I like you most of all.



Clark helped me make cookies for his preschool sing-a-long. It was a nice change of pace to not care so much about how the icing looked on these - also to frost a batch of cookies in 15 minutes instead of two hours! He chose the lovely colors and did the tinting himself, so they are a little intense, but still cute and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment