Wednesday, March 7, 2012

WFMW - Sewing Girl Scout Badges



Hello! This is my first Works for Me Wednesday post, and this one has changed my life! Okay, at least my relationship with Girl Scout badges. Some iron on, some do not, and even the ones that are supposed to iron on rarely stick well. I've tried Heat & Bond with fair results, and fabric glue was a bust. They are too thick to sew by hand, and I never attempted machine sewing, because who wants to keep changing the thread color?

A few weeks ago, I was chatting with my aunt who was a long time Girl Scout leader. She said, "Oh, I always sewed them on with clear thread."

CLEAR THREAD???

Who knew there was such a thing! I marched myself right over to JoAnn's and there it was! Right with the regular thread, just hanging out all casual-like. I brought that stuff home, loaded up a heavy duty needle and zigzagged my way to badge paradise.



No more peeled edges! No more worrying about badges falling off! I am loving this stuff! Honestly, this was one of my most satisfying moments of the week, and I just had to share the good news with everyone!



CLEAR THREAD!!! It works for me!

1 comment:

  1. Clear thread is very cool!

    Badges aren't too thick to sew by hand. The trick is that you don't attempt to put the needle through the badge itself, but instead sew the embroidered border onto the sash. Put each stitch through several loops of the border thread. Easy!

    ReplyDelete