Monday, March 31, 2014

Baking Monday – Chocolate Almond Cookies



I've had this recipe saved for awhile – these were really good! A few adjustments: I used almond extract instead of peppermint, omitted the green food coloring, cut cocoa to 1 tbsp, and cut back on the butter to 1.5 sticks. These were made as slice and bake instead of balls of dough. After mixing the vanilla and chocolate dough, split each flavor in half. Take one of each half, put them together, and roll into a short tube (repeat with other two halves). Wrap in wax paper and refrigerate or freeze until ready to bake. After cutting the cookies into 1/4" slices, I dipped the top of each cookie in sugar, though I didn't think that made a big difference, could be optional. They spread a LOT when baking, I put twelve on a tray, spaced generously.



Not only were these yummy (I love almond!), but they were very pretty to look at, too! They would also be good with peppermint or vanilla extract, and the vanilla side would also look nice tinted pink or green. I picked this week's flowered paper background on purpose … hoping that spring will be here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment