Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Summer Art Challenge – Portrait

Finding time and the motivation to draw more has been on my to-do list. I've gotten in a bad habit  lately of only working on assignment projects and neglecting my own stuff. Happily, Dora came home from school with a Summer Art Challenge! I'm in!



Instead of making a drawing of "your family," I made a drawing of my friend's family. We've been close since high school but don't get to see each other very often, due to our opposite coast residences. She has twin boys who are almost exactly the same age as Theo. The few times we've gotten together, the kids have all really enjoyed each others' company. She's been on my mind because we unfortunately missed each other during her most recent trip east (stupid long school year!), so I made this for her as a birthday / new home / miss you surprise.



It was very satisfying to work on, and I can't wait to do more!

No comments:

Post a Comment